EducationSTANFORD, Master's in Math Education
UC BERKELEY, Bachelor's in Math
ExperienceCurrently a full-time high school math teacher with a Master's degree in Teaching from Stanford.
- High school math teacher (5 years)
- Math coach in El Cerrito and Oakland (4 years)
- College advisor to high school students (4 years)
- Middle school math teacher in Sacramento (3 summers)
- Knowles Science Teaching Fellowship
- Stanford Graduate School of Education Fellowship
- Breakthrough Teacher Excellence Award
- Bill & Melinda Gates Millennium Scholarship (full scholarship to any university in the U.S.)
I am also experienced in helping students to write admissions essays for high school, college, and graduate school. My essays helped me to earn admission to Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and Columbia; I have won several fellowships and a full scholarship for which essays were a major part of the application process. In addition to providing math coaching, I can support students with essay writing for college admissions and scholarships.
HobbiesI enjoy making students feel capable in math and teaching the specific behaviors and skills of successful math learners. I specialize in coaching students to reason logically, model using functions, and construct their own deep understanding of concepts.
Client Reviews (3)
Hai is an excellent tutor! Very thorough, and teaches you not only how something works, but why it works! We are very pleased with his teaching style. He is flexible, and very helpful. With his strong background in Math, he can effectively teach algebra, geometry, and various other branches of Math. We highly recommend Hai Tran!
Excellent tutor! Very thorough and explains concepts really well. My student is much more confident after just a few sessions. Highly highly recommend Hai!!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.